Stories Of My Irish Families

Irish Native/Planter Stories

Thursday 16 July 2015

Deepest Y-DNA research to date

Well, the deepest test came in on my Father's Y-DNA just a few days ago.
It tested about 50 odd SNP's in the CTS-4466 "South Irish DNA" Haplogroup and proved beyond reasonable doubt, the final destination.

We are now landed at A-155 (R-A155).
This A-155 also contains a Fitzgibbon lineage and also has something to do with an O'Hearn name
(not tested to A-155). I am using an educated guess, that this maybe more of a plausible Limerick connection. But all I know of a Cork City connection via paperwork.
A few Autosomal matches with both myself and my Father, share Fitzgerald connectivity but some also share a Limerick connectivity as well (City and County). 

With prior knowledge many months ago and with an educated guess, I tested positive to A-89 and that is just one step up from A-155. So I was pretty close to nailing the Terminal SNP.
With the tests, my Father was also tested to 1 step down from A-155, to A-156. He tested negative for that, so A-155 is a hard stop and we don't go any further (A-156 is a related to a MacDonald lineage).

So, A-155 is as far as I can test, with DNA technology. It hasn't given me a lineage (a Faction of Fitzgerald) yet, nor has it given me a direct dynasty I am off. As the closest 111 marker is still at 8GD (Genetic Distance)
However, it has been mentioned to me, that the Ui Fidgenti (Based in Limerick) dynastical grouping, is very close - but not direct.
As we don't share any Fitzgerald surnamed Autosomal or Y-DNA matches, it is quite plausible at the moment to say, that we descend off a Female Fitzgerald who had a fling with an Irish Native (whomever that was). Or that many of my line aren't alive today to test.
Our lineage is the only Fitzgerald's in the CTS4466 project and the only one to test this far down.

Fitzgerald / Fitzgibbon surnames, are synonymous to ancient Ireland, which dates back into the Norman Invasion era (after 1169 AD) However, both these lineages should not connect back to Ireland or have the South Irish DNA, simply because we are supposed to be Norman and from the Mainland of Europe. Some say an Italian / Tunisia descent. Some say Spain, some say French/Wales.

So at the moment, to have native Male Irish DNA, we are now projecting the research to a Female Fitzgerald, who kept her name and the Male assumed the Fitzgerald name.
Well, that's the theory anyway.

Lets see how far we get.



by Stories Of My Irish Families Thursday, July 16, 2015 1 comment

1 comment:

  1. Did you have any luck tracing back to Ireland? I am A89 which appears to be a step down from A155. The earliest ancestor I can trace is Patrick Fitzgerald in New Jersey around 1860. Thanks Brian Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a reply.
Please contact me : research@aussiefitz.world

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter

Search Our Site

Pages