Stories Of My Irish Families

Irish Native/Planter Stories

Sunday 27 July 2014

  Deeper Ancestry

I ventured along a path that lead me to my burning thought.
I know so much on my Maternal, I now have the tools and empowerment to finally tackle the Paternal side.

I knew a little of my Paternal side, but not enough. It has "got my goat", to actually find out and venture a little deeper into finding out what historical ties we can find.

I chose to do a DNA Ancestral test, to see where the Fitzgerald side would take me. Not only that, but my Mother's side was still quite blank in some parts.

T
he whole basis on why I chose to do the DNA test was for heritage/historical reasons.

I just want to know how I became to being an "Australian", with such Irish ties. I want the story of my Heritage known to me, whether it has drama or not, good with the bad, etc etc.

Unfortunately I stopped posting to my blog, due to the fact that I needed to research the DNA a bit better to understand my blood lines.

Now once I found out how much Fitzgerald Ancestry was in Ireland before the 1840/1850's period, it begged the question : "Did the Fitzgerald's ever meet up my Mother's side - Newenham/Persse's?"
Both sides had Parliamentarian's / governing type people.

A person that had help and assisted with this process, had links to the Persse's.
She suggested to get tested and see how much "Persse Blood" we had sharing between us.
Little did I know at that time, but found out a bit later, that my 4th Great Grandfather's Wedding was witnessed by her 2nd & 3rd Great Grandfather's.

Whoa....Crazy - What??
There's more to this story than meets the eye.
It was by chance that I submitted a photo of a wedding certificate and it showed her side being witnesses...Small world huh!

So anyway, I submitted my DNA Test way back in Feb/March 2014.
It is only now, about 5 months later after many hours of hard research, that I can mention what I found.

Tune in soon for the next update.


by Stories Of My Irish Families Sunday, July 27, 2014 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a reply.
Please contact me : research@aussiefitz.world

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter

Search Our Site

Pages