Stories Of My Irish Families

Irish Native/Planter Stories

Sunday 8 December 2013

As explained before, Ancestral research can be an aquired taste, until you have something interesting to work on.

My initial induction to Ancestral Heritage, was my Grandmother's Great Uncle.
My Grandmother used to mention to me as a kid about her family, but I was too young to understand. Many years after, I talk to her now about it and she now understands how 'much' I know, whether it be good or bad.

Her Great Uncle - Edgar Claude Hasler 1874-1946 (aka K.R. Moure - Kelwylyn Roswan Moure - Kelwylyn Rosman Moure, Kelwylyn Rawson Moure and yes even Dr Moure)
Born in Melbourne, Australia and died in Sydney, Australia.

And boy was it an induction to researching someone, because it had more twists and turns than anyone would ever believe. It took sometime to believe what this man was up to. What was to be found was something quite the 'unimaginable', due to the fact of who this person was what he did through his life, but it was also what I found out about his ancestors and most of all, how they impacted his life 100-200 years later. Yes his ancestors lives, I really truly think were channeled into him.

I'll explain more in the next blog, as Edgar's life will take quite a bit to explain.

But to hint at highlights, we have a man born to an Irish Born Father and a either a Irish or French Born Mother in 1874. Nothing is known of his early life until 1903.
He surfaces as a American Senator in Adelaide in 1903, features in social circles and is then known for his Oil/Coal/Gas exploration activities.
He is sent by the Australian Government to Papua New Guinea, in search and hope for Oil/Coal/gas reserves, but is sent back home after 1 week in the job (altercation with a worker)
He ventures to Western Australia with his brother in Gold Mining explorations during WW1.
Ends up being investigated by the Police, on who he actually is and what is he doing, as he mentioned he was part German.
Ends up in a weird communication with a young lass, much younger than him and involves the parents and the Police.
Leaves Western Australia for Adelaide then to Melbourne then to Sydney.
Ventures in to business schemes that involve a lot of money and that they fail.
Leaves Australia to what I think is his all time great adventure, of seeing the Titanic set sail, then comes back 6 months after.
Badgers politicians on Coal/Gas and alternative fuels, saying they aren't investing in his plans to revolutionize the Australian Fuels market.
And ends up being a Dr. in Geology/Coal/Gas drilling.
He dies known as a Dr. Moure in Sydney in 1946.


His Irish heritage, goes way back into Irish History, much more than I even expected and such great detail. I believe that he just wanted to be like his ancestors - prominent and known. Maybe a bit of the ol' 'ego' got to him?

Let the tale of his life and my ancestral heritage begin.


by Stories Of My Irish Families Sunday, December 08, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a reply.
Please contact me : research@aussiefitz.world

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter

Search Our Site

Pages